Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fade to Black, NY Fashion Week







The New York Spring shows are over, so in summation, it was ho-hum. I was happy with a select few, and disappointed with my "regulars" to whom I know, love and wear.






I couldn't conclude without showing you a few pieces from one of those know, love and wear labels, Nanette Lepore. I always cringe with regret when I look at photos from her shows, having once carried her line in my boutique, I once had access as buyer to attend her shows in New York. But say la vie, I will look at the photos on the good ole 'Net, and know that no matter how much I love her stuff, I will probably never bring myself to pay full retail...






Honorable mentions (loved the entire show or at least enough pieces that I wasn't falling asleep while pa-roozing the slideshow): Proenza Schouler, Thakoon, Reem Acra, Temperley London






On to London!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment